WHATS THE DEAL ($67 Value)
- Meet the Casting Director of NBC’S HIT Shows 30 Rock & Rescue Me
Take the time to meet industry professionals that you would not normally be able to get a chance to meet.
At this event you will meet the casting director of the hit TV show 30 Rock
Barbara Mcnamara from Barbara Mcnamara casting will tell you exactly what you need to know about the process of getting cast for the show and how they determine if you are right for the part.
If Barbara McNamara Casting was a fashion label, it might be called ‘Rock and Rescue’, because Barbara approaches casting with a hard-core passion and caring attitude. Oh and… she handles all of the casting for 30 Rock and Rescue Me.
Barbara enjoys casting in New York because “it’s a fun city to cast in. Whether shooting Uptown, Downtown, or Williamsburg,” Barbara knows how to find what a director needs and she considers the needs of New York actors, as well.
“There are a lot of actors out there and I try to get everyone work, as much as I can,” Barbara shares. “It’s a hard business so I try to be kind. I know I’m in television and it’s exciting but at the end of the day we give people work, which is a nice thing.”
Some of the Topics that will be covered
- What the show is looking for this upcoming season.
- How to prepare prior to coming in for the audition
- What to wear and what not to wear
- Does the casting department prefer headshots or full length shot submissions
- What goes on behind the scenes
- Do Union actors get more of a front row seat
- How often does an actor get upgraded or wavered
- What more can actors do to market themselves?
- When you cast an actor, should they thank you? What is the protocol?
- How does casting change from season to season?
$40 Deal! With A $67 Value!
244 West 54th 12th floor Street New York, NY 10019 / Broadway & 8th Aves
WHAT TO BRING
•Headshots & Resume
•Pen & Paper